10th Annual Milwaukee Short Film Festival Announces Judges.
MILWAUKEE (Jan 16, 2008) – The 10th Annual Milwaukee Short Film Festival is now accepting film submissions for its May event, and is pleased to announce this year’s panel of judges. Coming back again is:
• Jerry Houser, an actor on such the films like Slap Shot, Summer of ’42 and Another You.
• Tim Lonsdale, the 1st First Assistant Director of ABC’s upcoming Eli Stone, TBS’s My Boys, Ghost Whisperer, and Charmed.
• New this year is Uwe Boll, Director on the films In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, Postal, BloodRayne and House of the Dead.
• Actor Zack Ward, who appeared in the films A Christmas Story, Freddy vs. Jason, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Transformers and Postal.
• Lori Kahn, the former Vice President of original programming for the Showtime network. and
• John Van Slyke, Milwaukee playwright and actor in the films Disembodied, The Dirty Job and Slacktime.
The Milwaukee Short Film Festival continues showcasing the best in local, national and international short films. The longest running festival of its kind in Milwaukee, this coming year’s event will take place this coming May. This year's host will be local personality Rex Sikes whose film appearences include Backwoods Bloodbath, Massacre at Central High and the web series Naked Man.
For the first time, this year, the festival will expand with seminars and workshops. It will also include an even more extensive line up of films. The Deadlines for submitting films are January 311st for the Early deadline ($10), February 29th for the Regular deadline ($15), and March 26th for the Final deadline ($20).
Created by local and independent filmmakers, the Milwaukee Short Film Festival is proud to provide local talent with a venue for local filmmakers and getting their work seen. Through community support, the festival also is able to offer one of the largest first prizes in the area – a $1,000 grand prize. MSFF was named the 'Best Local Festival' in Moviemaker’s Winter 2006 issue.
For more information, call Ross Bigley at 414-807-4008 or e-mail email@example.com.